If you’re a home remodeling junky like we are, you likely spend a great deal of your free time glued to television shows on DIY networks. Shows that provide tips on creating your perfect living environment, sometimes on a dime, and sometimes extravagantly. Both are good.
Trust us… we know the feeling. We love decorating and remodeling, too. We love exploring the ins and outs of how to make a bathroom more functional; ways to create a comfy, cozy den; and paints, colors, and accessories to make any room pop.
In this post, we’ll give you 5 decorating ideas to help you create your dream home. So sit back, grab a pen and paper, and read on!
1. Open Floor Plans: They aren’t the right fit for every home, but an open floor plan touches many people right in their hearts. An open floor plan is perfect for entertaining, decorating, designing, and experimenting with colors, contrast, and contentment. We recommend looking into an open floor if your home allows for it.
2. Utility Room Functionality: The utility room, or if you prefer, the laundry room, is just one of those rooms people often forget. Yet it serves a great purpose. We think that a functional space has the potential for coziness, while still being inviting. Consider that when you are redesigning your next room.
3. Guest Room of “Shoulds”: If you have a guest room, maybe it’s time to rethink its purpose, its design, and its feel. A guest room should be formal yet comfortable. It should have a great theme while exuding cleanliness. Similar to a hotel, a guest room should invite your guests in for the night, and relax their senses.
4. Lighting Everywhere: No one likes a drab or dull living area (or any area). Lighting in all the right places is illuminating for everyone who lives in your home. If you’re really looking to make an impact, consider installing skylights to let every inch of light possible in.
5. Bathroom Elegance: Bathrooms are sometimes small, but they are no less important. A well-designed bathroom is something of beauty. Marble countertops, muted eggshell colors, gold and silver fixtures, and various lighting choices for the user are all excellent ways of turning a normal bathroom into a magazine cover.
For more information on how we can help you create the home you’ve always dreamed of, please contact us at any time.